Ski, Snowboard, Hike, Walk, Fish. The choice is yours…
The freedom to do your own thing, away from the crowds, with breathtaking lakes and mountains as your playground. We love our lifestyle. We know you’ll love it too.
Wanaka is a year-round destination set against the pristine alpine backdrop of Mount Aspiring National Park, you can still discover that totally relaxed Kiwi way of life.
With the lake and mountains so close there are endless outdoor activities waiting for you. The choice is yours to do as little or as much as you like:
- Hop on one of our bikes and pedal round the lakeside track to Edgewater Resort for a freshly baked scone.
- We love going to Hook and catching/eating fresh fish.
- Or relax at Cinema Paradiso and enjoy homemade cookies and delicious ice cream.
- Wanaka’s township is a short walk away and cafés and restaurants abound. We love WGK ( Wanaka Gourmet Kitchen) for the delicious slow roasted local lamb.
- Maude Wines offers a fantastic wine tasting experience and fantastic food to accompany.
- If you are into coffee, like us, you will love the coffee at The Coffee Shack – a three minute stroll from our door.
- Rove offers a three hour happy hour from 5pm and a burger in the wee small hours!
- Bar Number 8 on Ardmore St often has live music events and a fantastic view .
If the weather is a bit inclement then there’s always something for you to do inside. Puzzling World is challenging for both young and old. The Transport and Toy Museum has one of the largest private collections of toys and vehicles, while next door the NZ Fighter Pilots Museum is a poignant reminder of our former heroes.